Wednesday 29 September 2010

Crash

I wondered if Crash would be enjoyable the second time. Although I had remembered some of the main scenes, there was still a lot more plot I had forgotten about, with the same mixture of humour, shock, and sweetness. Although I was still surprised watching it thinking "is there really still this level of racism in the States?" I suppose I imagine there is to some extent, but it seems so endemic in the society these characters live in I almost find it incredulous.

I think the plot is far to involved to attempt to describe here, suffice to say, there is a lot of cross-over between the characters leading to some very heart-in-the-mouth moments, sweet moments, epiphanal (is that a word?) moments and moments of redemption. I really think it's the film Magnolia wanted to be.

Or maybe it's a film about some bored/sullen folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment