Sunday 14 October 2012

The Sunday Scene: The Most Bond non-Bond intro

With the imminent release of Skyfall, and thinking about Bond things, I was reminded of the amazing credits from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo; or to give it it's full title: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for people too stupid and lazy to read Subtitles (2011).  Actually it's a good film, and the opening credits are simply amazing.



Like I say, the most Bond non-Bond credits. Generally I dislike covers (almost as much as I usually hate remakes), but Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' cover of Led Zeppelin's The Immigrant Song is very good, and fits the ambience of the film perfectly.

We come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs flow...

2 comments:

  1. The opening credits were my favourite thing about this film. The music was brilliant, even though I usually hate covers of my favourite band. The visuals are stunning too. Shame the film then started and it was just the Swedish film again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but it was still enjoyable; well I thought so anyway. Completely unnecessary remake, and not as good as the original but I liked nonetheless.

      Delete